THREE COUNTIES BOWLS FELLOWSHIP LEAGUE RULES
League rules 1/2/05 amended several times latterly on 22/11/22
1. All matches to be played under Bowls England rules.
2. A club may enter one or two teams of three Triples.
2A. Subject to league availability a club may in exceptional circumstances enter a third team subject to the agreement of the committee.
3 A player may play for only one team in a season.
3A. Only fully paid up members of each participating club are eligible to play for that club in one season.
4. Points awarded -5 points = 2 points for a win and 1 point for each winning rink.
5. Draw for rinks- At the start of any league match or Presidents Cup match, the home team to lay their scorecards face down separately. The visiting captain to then randomly place one scorecard on each of the home teams scorecards. The visiting captain to then randomly allocate rinks to each pile based on the rinks being used for the day.
6. All players to wear either white/club shirts above the waist and grey trousers/skirts below the waist, OR if officially resgistered with County/Bowls England, approved club colours
7. Matches to commence at 6-30pm except for the first two and the last two which start at 6-15pm.
8. Fixtures must be played on dates arranged (weather permitting)- may be played on or before the arranged date by mutual agreement.
9. Reference to World Bowls Laws of the Sport, latest Crystal Mark edition, apply to all interruptions if 5 ends or less you restart the game scratch.
10. Any match postponed or abandoned due to bad weather to be re-arranged within 3 weeks and played before the end of the current league season. The home team to offer two dates and to confirm in writing to the club and with a copy to the Three Counties League Secretary. If contact is not made within 3 weeks, not only do you forfeit 5 points but also 3 shots is given to the team awarded the 5 points, against the team failing to re-arrange the postponed fixture. (If this is the last game of the season that is postponed due to adverse weather conditions it shall be played on or before the following Tuesday)
11. Where a match has commenced but 5 or fewer ends have been played you start from scratch. If more than 5 ends have been played you carry on from when the game was stopped. Should a match be abandoned it will be classed as a full match once 11 ends have been completed.
12. Any fixture can be fulfilled with a minimum of 8 players. Team with one player short the 2 players to play with 4 woods each, opponents No 1&2 play with 2 woods each and the skip with 4 woods. The team with 1 player short to forfeit 50% of its score for that triple. If a team arrives with less than 8 players that team will forfeit the game and 5 points awarded to the opposition.
13. Only in the League matches are unstamped bowls permitted.
14. It is proposed that the number of 8 teams in all divisions be allocated such wherever practical, in descending order. It is recognised that last minute entries and withdrawals may not permit this.
15. Both captains are required to fill in a result card so as the League secretary receives 2 result cards by email, Whatsapp or picture message/text . If one team fails to register the result as per the rules the one team submitting the result should be awarded points according to their scorecard
16. The above rules to be displayed on the Club Notice Board.
17. In the event of a tie on both points and shot difference where promotion or relegation, the positions of teams involved shall be decided on shot difference. In the event that the teams shall be still tied there shall be a play off between the teams involved, this shall be on a neutral green and on a date to be decided by the committee.
18. Cancellations are not permitted within league rules. If, for any reason, a club cancels a fixture they forfeit the right to any points and all 5 points are awarded to the club they cancelled on. If any team cancels 2 fixtures (unless due to extenuating circumstances to be agreed by Secretary and President) during the course of a single season, all results involving that team will be removed from the league tables. Any remaining fixtures will be deemed byes.