- Matches consisting of 3 mixed triples will be played at 2.00pm on Thursday afternoons, (30 minutes grace allowed). Except for the play-off stage (see 8), any team has the right to call off a match if a more important competition would affect team selection. By amicable agreement matches may be played on alternative dates and times. No adjournment or abandonment will be permitted unless a new date has been agreed beforehand. The League Secretary should be advised of any such arrangement.
- Each triple (or pair when playing one player short) must have at least one lady and one gent on each rink. At the start of the game only, any triple or pair not mixed will surrender five shots to their opponents. When playing against a pair, the triple lead will put up the first wood every end before normal order of play. The pair will play with 4 woods each and will lose 25% (raised to the next whole number) of their final score. When, due to lack of players, a team can only field players on two rinks the team can still score winning rink points but not the overall score points and will also concede the rink points for the un-played rink. Point allocation: overall score, 1 point for a win, 1/2 point for a draw; rink points, 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
- A player may initially play for more than one team but once having played two matches in a team they will become a fixture in that team. Any infringement, the offending team will concede to their opponents the 2 rink points on the rink played and will not benefit from an overall score point.
- The dress code for the season will be: All players in a team will wear White or Club shirts and below the waist Grey except, where a club has adopted a Club colour, this colour will be worn. The Final Match will be played in White or Club shirts and White below the waist except, where a club has adopted a Club colour, this colour will be worn. In all games approved footwear must be worn. Any player not complying with this code in any game will not be allowed to play. Penalty as per Rule 2. (See Addendum below for details of acceptable clothing that can be worn below the waist.)
- The scorecards are to be completed at the end of each match and the results emailed, or posted, by the home captain to the League Secretary immediately after the match. Should the Secretary not receive the results of any match by 7 days before the play-offs, rule 7 will apply. Where results are emailed, the result cards should be retained in case of any dispute.
- An abandoned match is deemed to have been completed if 10 ends have been played by each triple. An abandoned match that is re-scheduled shall be played as a new match.
- If a team falls to fulfil a fixture due to lack of players and no agreement can be made for a new date, the opposing team shall receive the full seven points for the game. (N.B. As this part of the rule has been changed on numerous occasions, the AGM agreed that no further change can be made until the 2027 season.) If a match cannot be played due to inclement weather conditions and no agreement reached for a new date, each team shall receive 3 1/2 points. Any spare week(s) at the end of the league programme can be used for re-arranged matches.
- The top two teams in each division will qualify for the play-off stage for the Stan Hardman Shield. Except, if a team is unavailable for any of the proposed play-off dates, the next team in their division will replace them. Only players who have played for their team at least three times during the league stage of the competition can take part in the play-of matches. Penalty as per Rule 3.
- The Secretary must receive the agreed entry fee for each team entered by the 151″ December each year. Failure to renew membership by this date gives the Committee the right to replace or disqualify such offending teams and issue a new fixture list accordingly. Cheques to be made payable to THE STAN HARDMAN LEAGUE.
- After payment of expenses incurred in the running of the League, the Committee will dispense profits to make charitable payments or purchases.
- The League will hold an Annual General Meeting on the first Sunday in December each year. The Accounts will be presented, and Officers elected to serve for twelve months, commencing on the 1″ January. Each team shall only have one vote irrespective of the number of team members attending. Decisions to be made by simple majority.
Addendum re Rule 4 – Dress code.
Items of clothing that may be worn below the waist are as follows:
Men: Long trousers or shorts.
Ladies: Skirts, cropped or long trousers, or shorts.